Sacramento Adventist Academy is part of the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) in the Sac-Joaquin Section. We participate in the Sacramento Metropolitan Athletic League (SMAL) for high school athletics. For Jr High athletics we participate in the Central Christian League (CCL). We currently participate in the following sports; cross country, boys and girls flag football, girls volleyball, boys and girls basketball, girls softball, boys volleyball, co-ed soccer, and boys golf.
Our goal is to provide students with an opportunity to express their God-given physical talents in such a way that glorifies Christ. We aim to teach students life skills, strong character, and the importance of a personal relationship with Christ through the avenue of sports. Please support us in our mission!
Athletic Program Purpose
To help boys and girls become men and women of empathy and integrity who will lead, be responsible, and change the world for good.
Athletic Program Philosophy
The athletic program is an important part of the overall school academic program and helps to fulfill the overall school mission of honoring God by preparing students for academic success and a lifetime of service. Student-athletes are held to a standard of success for continued participation on athletic teams. Additionally the athletic program looks to enrich the student-athletes academic experience by educating the body and mind while providing for important opportunities for character development. Through the platform of sports our teacher-coaches teach and model the following:
- A daily personal relationship with Christ.
- Service to those around you and the larger community.
- Development of quality relationships with teammates, coaches, and opposing teams.
- Strong school pride and unity.
- Development of good sportsmanship in balance with a competitive spirit.
- Giving one’s very best to whatever one sets out to do.
- Development of strong character including the traits of empathy, integrity, justice, responsibility, self-sacrifice, and self-discipline.
- Lifelong participation in sports and physical activity for optimal physical and mental well-being
Athletic Program Objectives
- Make Christ the center of each of our athletic teams.
- Support the overall mission and goals of the school.
- Provide an opportunity for each student-athlete to grow and develop their character.
- Provide an opportunity for each student-athlete to establish and maintain habits of good physical fitness and overall health in their life.
- Grow and encourage school and community spirit for each of our athletic teams.
- Establish a safe and inclusive environment where student-athletes can have fun and be themselves.
- Make safety a priority through clear policies and adequate training for coaches and athletic staff.