Sacramento Junior Academy, precursor to Sacramento Adventist Academy, was organized in the Sacramento area in 1948 when the schools operated by Sacramento Central, Fair Oaks (now Carmichael), Roseville, North Sacramento (now Woodside), and Oak Park Seventh-day Adventist Churches combined. Fifty-three acres were purchased on Winding Way in Carmichael, Ca. A year later, a gymnasium was acquired from Beale Air Force Base and re-constructed on the new campus, where it still sits today. At this site stood four, two-classroom buildings where eleven grades were offered during the 1957-1958 school year. In the fall of 1958, a complete elementary and secondary program was offered and the school became Sacramento Union Academy. While Sacramento Union Academy, the school added four classrooms, a science laboratory, library, administrative offices and four teacher offices. In 1985 the constituency voted to change the name of the school to Sacramento Adventist Academy (SAA).
Most recently, SAA has added a preschool program, updated the science lab and classroom, renovated the social studies classroom and two of the elementary classrooms and remodeled a portion of the high school into a new computer lab.
SAA is supported by the Northern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists and five constituent churches: All Nations SDA Church, Carmichael SDA Church, Orangevale SDA Church, Roseville SDA Church, Woodside SDA Church.
SAA’s student body is comprised of youth from all different regions of the greater Sacramento area as well as international students.